Why cryptocurrency market regulation is beneficial to the industry? Answer of Joseph F Borg, Partner at WH Partners
Why Malta is an ideal hub for blockchain and cryptocurrency related companies? Get answer from a Leading Lawyer Joseph F Borg at Blockchain International Show London.
The topic of his report is ‘The overview of the regulatory framework for ICOs and Exchanges that is being implemented in Malta’.
- the Proposed Virtual Financial Assets Act and the proposed test on classification of DLT assets;
- the proposed Technology Arrangement Services Act and Malta Digital Innovation Authority Act;
- why Malta is an ideal hub for blockchain and cryptocurrency related businesses?
- why regulation is the way forward for this space?
- the risk of over-regulation.
Joseph F Borg is a lawyer and partner at WH Partners, practicing mainly in the areas of Gaming, Blockchain, IT, Telecoms and Intellectual Property Law. He is also a Vice-President and Co-Founder of Bitmalta. He also lectures Gaming Law at the University of Malta.
He occupied a position of a Secretary General of the Malta IT Law Association (MITLA) for over 3 years.
Before joining WH Partners he occupied the post of Chief Regulatory Officer of the Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta, and acted as a Legal Counsel to Vodafone Malta Limited.
Register for Blockchain International Show London