ICOs: What Are They, How to Invest and Which Ones Are Popular?
More than 200 ICOs and $6 billion in just 4 months! These are the results of initial coin offerings which have already been held in 2018. The outcomes have already surpassed the previous year’s results, and we can only guess how fast ICO will develop further.
Now ICOs are launched more ad more often by different companies. But what does ICO mean and why is it expanding so fast? Let’s find out.
What is ICO?
ICO is the abbreviation for initial coin offering. It is a way of crowdfunding used by start-up projects and companies. A company which wants to build capital, launches an ICO where it sells tokens to investors and gets cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin or Ethereum. If investors see the project as a promising one with a good potential, they actively buy tokens and the capital is built very quickly.
What are ICO tokens and what to do with them?
Tokens symbolize digital assets. ICO tokens are those ones which are distributed during the crowdfunding campaign. When a company issues ICO, remember to check what kind of tokens it offers before investment to decide if it is in your interest to get them.
Most of the time, when there is an ICO being launched by a platform, it offers so-called utility tokens. If you get them, you will be able to access and use the platform in the future.
Security tokens can also be distributed via ICOs. They are backed by some physical assets such as real estate or precious metals.
The third major group of ICO tokens is equity tokens which give buyers the opportunity to obtain shares in the company and own a part of it. This kind of tokens is regulated more than other ones but still stays the most desirable for investors.
How to do to participate in ICO?
If you want to become an ICO participant and invest, do not worry – the process is easy! Let’s look at it step by step.
- First, get some cryptocurrency into your digital wallet.
- Sign up to the website through which tokens are sold.
- Now buy tokens. To do this, you should just send cryptocurrency to the ICO address.
- Wait for transaction to be confirmed. When it is done, you will receive tokens into your account where they will be kept until the ICO is closed.
- When ICO ends, you will be able to withdraw tokens into your digital wallet.
Now when the theory is clear, let’s go into real investment. Before buying any tokens, it is important to ensure that the ICO you are going to participate in is not scam but a really profitable deal. We have a list of top promising ICOs in 2018 that are worth investing in.
Top ICO in London 2018:
- Zero Edge is the blockchain-based betting platform. Currently, it runs a pre-ICO which will end on May 27, where it is possible to buy 38,000 ZERO for 1 ETH. After that, Zero Edge will launch an ICO which will start on June 1 and last till September Paying 1 ETH, you will be able to buy 24,000 Zero Coins. Currently, Zero Edge is a popular platform. Having attracted more than $5 million during its pre-ICO, the company is expanding to London, planning to open new offices there soon. And as London has the biggest online gambling market, the company had made the right choice. With their 0% house edge concept and full transparency, Zero Edge attracts a lot of people.
- Medichain the London platform based on blockchain and created for medical solutions. The platform helps people to keep their personal data safe and secured and provides a possibility to easily access doctors anywhere in the world. Medichain currently has an ongoing ICO until April 30, selling 1 utility token MCU for $1.
- Assetereum is a British platform based on blockchain which provides cryptocurrency backed by assets. Its ongoing initial coin offering will last until May, 9 and for 1 ETH you can buy 1346 ASET tokens. Assetereum tokens are backed by assets of six different types with real estate and social enterprise among them.
- One more UK betting ecosystem based on Ethereum platform, Proof of Toss, launched an ICO on April, 24 and it will last until June, 24. The platform sells 1 TOSS token for 0,0001 ETH. Although the ICO has just been launched, it seems to be very promising, as the platform do attract people, and evaluating the ICO profile, level of social activity, team proof and domain score, we can see that this initial coin offering has a high total score.
- FTEC, a cryptocurrency trading ecosystem, gets a total score of almost 10 out of 10 on the ICO marking website. The ICO pre-sale is ongoing and will last until May, 22. ICO sale time will be the period from 20 June to 18 July. For 0,01 ETH, you can buy 299 FTEC tokens.
Investing can bring a lot of profits but remember to evaluate every ICO you would like to take part in.