Crypto Taxation and Data Protection: Krystyna Nyemchynova Ugryn Will Discuss Topics at Lecture Zone
New legislative acts appear all the time, and to in order to function legally and successfully, businesses should follow the laws. Cryptocurrency transactions and ICOs are getting taxed, blockchain faces various types of regulations, and the industry starts changing its operations in compliance with laws. How does it work? In the framework of the lecture zone at Blockchain International Show London, Krystyna Nyemchynova Ugryn, founding partner at Brightman FinTech Law Firm, will give lectures about compliance with the US laws regarding taxation, and compliance with the EU laws regarding data protection.
First, she will give a lecture “Tax Implications of Cryptocurrency Transactions and ICO Projects. Compliance with the US laws.”
- Extraterritoriality of the United States legislation. Why do Europeans have to comply with the US laws?
- Issues addressed by IRS. Do like-kind exchanges apply to crypto?
- FATCA and FBAR reporting.
- Token offerings/ICO. Do you need to register with SEC?
- Case study: how Liberty Reserve and BTC-e failed to comply with the US laws.
- Tax treatment of Forks and Airdrops.
The second topic Krystyna will discuss is “Data Protection. How to manage your business in strict compliance with the EU Data Protection legislation.”
- How Facebook violated EU Data Protection laws.
- Cambridge Analytica: how to launch an app properly.
- GDPR: how to make your business compliant with the Regulation.
- Analysis of the US and EU Data Protection laws. Consequences of non-compliance.
Krystyna Nyemchynova is the expert in FinTech and E-commerce, legal compliance and ICO. She is also an advisor on regulatory issues regarding blockchain and cryptocurrencies as well as on taxes and AML procedures.
Currently, the speaker is the founding partner at Brightman FinTech Law Firm, dealing with compliance solutions. The expert has also worked for the United States House of Representatives and the New York Police Department. Moreover, she has been an advisor to the US-Ukraine Parliamentary Group at the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
Meet Krystyna and learn more about taxation and data protection issues at the conference! Registration ►►►